May10

Recapping April 2017 FCA US Sales

The FCA is an international automotive group and the seventh largest automaker in the world based on their total annual vehicles sales. FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family on companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, FIAT brands, and the SRT performance vehicle.

Reports from FCA US today gave us insight on their sales for the month of April. The final count came in at 177,441 units, which also included all Maserati brand sales. Retail was a large chunk of the total sales for April with 146,791 units (83 percent). The other 17 percent (30,650 units) came from fleet sales. The reports also gives us some information on the sales of each brand and their recent achievements.

Chrysler:
The highlight of this brand was hands down the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. This vehicle was the most awarded minivan of 2016 and continues to accumulate many awards(Best minivan of 2017 by the New York Daily News Autos team in the newspaper's second annual Auto Awards) in 2017. Sales increased 12 percent from the month of March and Pacifica's overall sales were up year over year. Don't forget to check out the all-new Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivan that began shipping to Chrysler dealerships last month.

Dodge:
What a great month for the Dodge brand, the leader of sales was the Dodge Journey crossover's 72 percent sales gain on a year-over-year chart. The Dodge Durango saw a 17 percent increase year over year. We also got to see the World's Fastest 0-60 Production Car unveiled in April at the 2017 New York International Auto Show, the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.

Jeep:
April was an exciting month for the Jeep Brand. The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk unveiling at the New York International Auto Show was probably the best moment, this monster is equipped with a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine that pumps out 707 horsepower and 645 lb-ft of torque. The Jeep Grand Cherokee saw a 6 percent increase in sales compared to April of last year and the all-new Compass is now arriving at Jeep dealerships.

Ram Truck:
The Ram Truck Brand had an increase for both pickup truck and van sales. Ram pickup trucks increased 8 percent compared to the same month last year. The Ram ProMaster and Ram ProMaster City vans were up a total of 5 percent for the month of April. The Ram 3500 was awarded with a Gold Hitch award for the heavy-duty segment from the Fast Lane Truck.

If you would like any more information or need help shopping for your next vehicle come visit us at Sierra Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram located in Monrovia, CA in Los Angeles County. We're the highest reviewed CDJR Dealership in Southern California per Google Reviews. Give us a call at (888) 724-3081 if you have any questions regarding our Mopar parts. We take pride in providing excellent service to our community and providing people with a good experience when buying parts, cars, or getting their vehicle serviced.