Buying an ex-fleet car might seems far fetched and impractical to most people.
Here are five reasons why purchasing one can actually be a good deal. We compiled these surprising discoveries from Carsguide.com.
Carsguide.com also gives some tips and advice, when buying an ex-fleet car.
- If you bid for a car at auction, it is possible you will get a bargain, although you may miss out if someone else wants that particular car enough to outbid you.
- A car with a set price might be the better bet if you have your heart set on a particular model because no one will outbid you.
- It is imperative that you check the service history of any vehicle you intend to purchase. If it doesn’t have a history, it may not have had the correct work done and you could be buying a major headache.
- Having a reputable company, such as NRMA, carry out a pre-purchase check is worth considering. If you can, driving the vehicle you are interested in is also worthwhile.
- Do your homework and check when the next major service is due on the vehicle.
- Remember, not all the services are the same. Some are minor, while others require replacement of major components such as camshaft timing chains or CV joints. You might even be able to buy a car that still has warranty time left, which allows you to get it sorted before the cover runs out.
- Look for any signs of smoking, wear-and-tear in the boot area (especially in wagons) and check underneath for signs if it has been used off-road.
- Fleet cars are used for many purposes, some of which require special equipment.
- Keep an eye out for cars fitted with extras you might benefit from. Make sure they are part of the sale and are not removed before you take delivery.
Sierra Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram located in Monrovia, CA in Los Angeles County is the highest reviewed CJDR dealership in Southern California per Google Reviews. Check us out on Google or give us a call at (888) 805-2075 if you have any questions about your next vehicle buying experience. We take pride in providing a service to our community and providing people with a good experience whether it is buying trucks, parts, or getting their vehicle serviced.