Tips for Commercial Auto Fleet Maintenance, Care and Safety
(Photo credit: iStockphoto)
Better Fuel Economy, Business Automotive Safety, Fleet Maintenance
To Keep your Fleet Vehicles in tiptop shape, avoid costly repairs and ensure optimum safety and care for your fleet drivers, here are a few helpful tips from InfinityAuto.com
Scheduling regular maintenance for your fleet vehicles will spare you from paying for costly repairs. Make sure to have your fleet vehicles regularly checked for the following:
- Brake inspections
- Oil changes
- Tire pressure
- Tire rotation (every 5,000 miles)
- Fuel filter (every 2 years or 24,000 miles)
- Engine or warning lights going on
- Cleaning of head and tail lights
Business automotive safety
Having these safety provisions within reach will help you handle unforeseen circumstances on the road. Also, having
- Spare tire
- Emergency kit (should include jumper cables, a flashlight, batteries, a first aid kit, a car jack, reflective cones or markers, a blanket and a tool kit)
- Have presence of mind when involved in an accident/collision and check if anyone is injured. Clear your cars from traffic to avoid causing further accidents. If your tire gets blown out, drive your vehicle on the rim until you reach a safe place to park.
- Do not leave pets or children unattended in your vehicle.
Better fuel economy
Good driving habits could save your company a lot of money.
- Accelerating and braking gradually lessens fuel consumption over time.
- Ensure that your tires are always properly inflated.
- Cleaning your car and getting rid of the extra weight saves a lot of fuel.
- Make it a habit to fuel your tank when it’s three-quarters empty and fill it all the way at one time.
- The lesser you drive, the more fuel you save. If you can, do errands along with your trips, doing the furthest trip first then errands on your way back.
- Use air-conditioning on highways but avoid using it when you’re in city traffic and open a window instead.
Sierra Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram located in Monrvoia, CA in Los Angeles County is the highest reviewed CJDR Dealership in Southern California per Google Reviews.Check us out on Google or give us a call at (888) 805-2075 if you have any questions about your next vehicle buying experience. We take pride in providing a service to our community and providing people with a good experience whether it is buying trucks, parts, or getting their vehicles serviced.